Special Events Coordinator
The Newton County Park Board is seeking an energetic individual to lead an active outreach program and bring Newton County Park Board efforts for the community to the next level. Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Basic Knowledge of Newton County geography and communities is a plus!
- The Special Events Coordinator shall work with the Park Board, its members, representatives, and others in facilitating and supporting community projects established by the Park Board through its agenda.
- The Special Events Coordinator shall organize and conduct special events as directed by the Park Board.
- Pursuant to this contract, the Special Event Coordinator’s duties shall include, but are not limited to:
- Planning, coordinating, and conducting Park Board events; minimum of 12 events a year plus a minimum of 6 partnered events a year, all while maintaining the budget set for each event
- Preparing and submitting written plans and reports along with attending Park Board monthly meetings;
- Creating and updating Park Board Website and Facebook Page with Events around Newton County Supervising any other contractors that the Park Board may contract with
- Securing sponsorships and community participation; Public relations and marketing of events;
- The Special Events Coordinator shall be expected to work in this capacity no less than an average of twenty-five hours per week, and shall report directly to the duly appointed members of the Park Board.
- Compensation$20,000 p/year
For a full job description Click here https://docs.google.com/…/2PACX…/pub
To apply please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org Resumes will be accepted through Monday October 31st at noon.
The Newton County Park Board would like to hear from local residents regarding current and future events, how we can better engage with residents and local groups and better invest in the needs and interests of the community. There will be a short presentation, survey, and discussion.
Link to our Survey: